Providing a Continuum of Care
Our expert Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) team works to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to people with physical impairments or disabilities affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. The PM&R team, also known as Physiatry, plays an integral role in maximizing an individual’s independence in daily activities by treating medical conditions related to injuries, disease, or musculoskeletal conditions. Our specialized team of providers have experience treating common physical disorders as well as complex neurologic conditions. We offer “big-picture” insight to help patients understand their full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient treatment options.
ThedaCare PM&R focuses on a comprehensive approach and provides a full spectrum of care, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation.
Diagnoses Evaluated and Injuries Treated:
- Acute, subacute, and chronic neck and back spine conditions
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Fibromyalgia syndrome
- Pelvic pain including piriformis syndrome and SI joint dysfunction
- Chest wall pain and rib dysfunction
- Bursitis, tendonitis, and arthritis
- Neurogenic bowel/bladder
- Cervicogenic headache
- Amputations of the arm or leg
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Nerve pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and ulnar neuritis
- Spasticity management including medication, Botox, and nerve block
- EMG (Electromyography) /NCV (nerve conduction velocity test)
- Sprains, strains and joint pain including occupational injuries and overuse syndromes
- Complex regional pain syndrome/CRPS (chronic arm or leg pain developing after injury, surgery)
Rehabilitation of Individuals Who Have Suffered From:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple trauma, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and multiple sclerosis
- Adult cerebral palsy, adult spina bifida, and other disabling conditions
Helping You Return to the Life You Love
The ThedaCare Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation program offers a unique continuum of care from acute inpatient services to Botox and chemical denervation as part of the outpatient management of sequelae from stroke, spinal cord injury and other serious illness. In addition, our team assists with patients’ return to work and return to driving after serious medical issues such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, amputation, and multiple trauma.
We strive to help each of our patients restore lost function, achieve their optimal recovery, and lead their best life.